Friday, September 5, 2014

My best holidays

Today I´m going to talk about my best holidays ever.
This holiday was the last summer, and the itinerary of this holiday was very intensive, because my boyfriend and I went to Bolivia, but to get there we backpacked across north of Chile. We knew the majestic desert, it is immense and beautiful (but after a few hours, the landscape becomes very monotonous).
Once in Calama, we came across with some friends and traveled all together until Uyuni, a city in Bolivia. In this place, we organized the rest of the trip.
We traveled for a month, and my favorite place in Bolivia was Sorata, a city in Bolivia with beautiful landscapes. It is very similar to the south of Chile, because it has rivers and wonderful trees. This city is special because it made me think about the big adventure that we lived when did the road to Saint Peter Cave. The second day in this city, we woke up at 11 am, and we walked to Saint Peter Cave (it is a natural cave that inside has a fantastic lagoon and bats).
The trekking was ten hours!! At the beginning everything was all right, but when we came back, the exhaustion was TOO MUCH!! And the worst of all, the weather was terrible, rainy and cloudy, and because of that, the mountains were falling down!! I was afraid many times. 

The Road to Saint Peter was very difficult for me (because I also have asthma), but despite that, I was very happy, I saw beautiful landscapes, the saint Peter Cave was amazing. So I remember with affection the adventure.




Salar de Uyuni












                                                                       Sorata, The road to Saint Peter.

7 comments:

  1. I have been in those places :D
    That is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long trip, but I can fell that the trip is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! what a great and beautiful journey! I love backpacking and I would go where you were this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pictures! you trip was beautiful :3 I would like to travel to these places somedays

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't know how much I envy you because I don't know nothing of our countries neighbors :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. very interesting!! By the way, it was just 200 words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another Bolivia post! Definitly I have to go :P

    ReplyDelete